As a part of the health and wellness community, we at Mission Naturopathic Clinic would love to start sharing some of our favorite healthy recipes with all of you!
Eating healthy and staying on top of exciting new recipes can get stale at times for anyone, so we thought this would be a great opportunity for you all to be able to implement some new ideas from our very own staffs kitchens! These are some of each of our favorite recipes that we’d love to share with you for the holidays, so we hope you enjoy!
Wendy’s GF Nut Bars
2 tbsp coconut oil (melt) ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds, ground 1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup walnuts or cashews, ground ¼ tsp cloves
½ cup shredded coconut ½ tsp ground ginger
½ cup almond meal (ground almonds) 1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup honey 2 tbsp 70% dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp goji berries 2 tbsp craisins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grind nuts and seeds till it becomes the texture of a flour.
- Place in large bowl, then add coconut and rest of the ingredients.
- Grease pan with coconut oil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool then cut into individual bars!
Jesika’s Cranberry Orange Loaf (GF and Dairy Free)
1 orange, zested and juiced (about ¼ cup zest and ¼ cup juice) 1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup coconut milk ⅔ cup coconut flour
⅓ cup honey 1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp coconut oil, and more for greasing ¼ tsp sea salt
1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
2 tbsp melted coconut oil 1 tbsp coconut milk
2 tbsp pure honey ½ tsp vanilla extract 1 orange juiced, and half of it zested (about 2 tbsp) Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the wet loaf ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the fresh cranberries.
- Pour into a greased (regular sized loaf pan) and bake for 45 minutes – 1hr or until center is cooked through.
- While the loaf is cooking, combine the ingredients for the glaze until well mixed.
- Refrigerate glaze until loaf is done cooking and has cooled.
- Once loaf is done cooking and has cooled, pour glaze over loaf.
Katie’s Leftover Turkey and Quinoa Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cups chicken broth
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 large onion, diced
4 cups water
2 sprigs rosemary
⅔ cup quinoa
½ tsp paprika
3 stalks celery
1 ½ cups turkey breast
¼ tsp cayenne
3 cloves garlic
¾ tsp salt
1 tbsp dried parsley
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Saute until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic.
- Slowly whisk in the broth and water.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in quinoa. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer (partially covered) for 10-15 minutes. Take herb sprigs out of soup and serve!
Happy Holidays from the Mission Naturopathic Clinic staff to you and your family this season.
We will see you in the New Year!